jaymacave
Saturday, February 04, 2006
Goings on...
The girls and I are having a pj day. C.K. took the car north to watch his younger son's hockey game and our van has been acting up. So, we are prisoners in our home today. Actually, since I have nothing else to do, I am getting things done that I have been procrastinating about. Which is ok.

Jaycie and I just read two chapters of another Junie B. Jones book. I think I actually enjoy them as much as she does. They are just the cutest books .

Mokie has kennel cough. Can you believe it? Poor boy. He had been hacking away for a couple of days and C.K. thought he had something caught in his throat. I did some research and then called our vet friend (who does all the work on our cows) and he confirmed that it is indeed kennel cough. He was around those puppies a bit too much, I guess. In any event, he is camped out in the extra bathroom (I am trying to keep him away from my 10 year old lab--don't want her to get it, she may not be able to kick it as easily). I have been giving him Robitussin three times a day, running the hottest showers in there for steam, and I think the worst is over. The vet will be here Tuesday for a herd check, so I will have him check on Mokie then.

I will be starting my 4-H club this week. Not sure what I have gotten myself into. I have 8 kids so far, I think. I hope it goes well.

I also just enrolled two more kids in my daycare. They are after school for now, but come summer they will be full-time. So, that puts me at my legal limit. YIKES. Am I crazy, or what? Summer ought to be a treat. I will be transporting kids to swim lessons, t-ball, girl scouts--Oi vey. Heather's bus. LOL
3 Comments:
Blogger sarahbobeara said...
you are going to be very busy come summer! hope the van holds out for you.

i didn't know you could give a dog robitussin. seriously? or is it doggie robitussin? :b

oh, and as i look below to the word verification, i see 'wopoee'. isn't that a fun one? :)

Blogger Froggie Mama said...
Wow!! I think you ARE crazy!!!! LOL
Seriously, it's going to be busy, but I know you're going to have tons of fun w/the kiddos!

I'm with Sarah - Robitussin for a puppy?! Wow! I never do! Hope he's better soon!

And good luck with your 4H club! :)

Blogger Kendra said...
I can't imagine taking care of sick kiddos and then having to take care of sick doggies too! You're supermomma!

It sounds like you've got things together though...I can't even handle my own kids and there are only 3 of them *LOL*