jaymacave
Tuesday, December 20, 2005
It must be a conspiracy.


Either that or I am just a fuddy duddy alone on my opinion about this. I refuse to buy anything Bratz-related. I just think these dolls are in such poor taste. I don't want my girls to think it is ok to walk around dressed like a prostitute with lips chock-full of collagen. I have managed to divert attention in stores and most everyone who buys for my children knows not to purchase Bratz stuff either. Jaycie got two dolls for her birthday. UGH. And, of course she was over the moon because "Mom is mean and won't buy me these." The one actually isn't too bad, but the other one..... fishnet stockings, halter top, etc. Just lovely. Last weekend my MIL was here. She told me that she bought Jaycie the Bratz car for Christmas. And, she brought gifts from my SIL. I have a sneaking suspicion that one of those cute little packages under the tree is also a Bratz doll. I guess I should just give up.
2 Comments:
Blogger Dana said...
I hate Bratz! You're not alone. I won't buy them for my girls and quite frankly I would be just a tad annoyed if either my mil or my sil did. You can't always help what your children get at birthday parties but I would either return or throw away any they received. Yep, I'm a big meanie as well. ; )

Does Jaycie like groovy girls or are they not cool to 7 year olds? I'm not sure what's what to older girls these days. : ) I think they are just adorable. : )

Blogger Kendra said...
I don't like these dolls either and they seem to be making everything BRATZ. Our neighbors all just turned 5 (triplets and another girl) and that is all they wanted. This just seems to young to me to even like the stuff. I didn't buy it for them though because of the same reasons.