jaymacave
Friday, December 30, 2005
I need a drink.
It began as a great day. I have had a light week because two of my daycare kids have a mother who works for the school. Since the school is out for the week, she doesn't have to work. So, that leaves two others (only on Fridays--usually there are three extra). Turns out, they had other plans for today. So, I had the day "off." I decided to take my three kids to Walmart. WHY, OH WHY DO TORTURE MYSELF???

We are leaving for PA in the morning to visit my family. Three weeks ago, I had ordered photobooks from Shutterfly as Christmas gifts for my parents. Every day this week I have been running to the mailbox anxiously awaiting the package. Guess what? Shutterfly sent me an email , and turns out it will delivered tomorrow. Great. Wonderful. We are leaving at 5 am. So, that means the package I need will get here about the same time I get to PA. Is that my luck or what?

So, I figured I would take some super cute pics of the girls and run to Walmart to the Kodak picture maker , buy some cute frames and that would have to do as gifts for now. Took the pics, stood in line forever to use the picture maker, pics printed out blurry. ARGH. Waited in line forever to pay for my blurry pics that I can't use.

I really try to get through Walmart as quicky as possible before the baby gets fussy. The girls were very well-behaved and extremely patient which I was thankful for. My problem is that everyone wants to stop and talk about Avery's hair. No, I am not kidding. "Look at that red hair!" "Where did the red hair come from?" Now, I am as friendly as the next gal, but it gets old after a while. And, they also want to touch her. Like she is some kind of freak of nature or something. " If there is one thing I hate, it is people who I don't know touching my children. I mean, who knows where they have been? Totally sceeves me out. Then, I have to listen to my seven year old lecture me about how I should not talk to strangers. That little talk sure came back to bite me in the ass.

So, I came home, waited until 7 p.m. for the man to get home( so I could get out of here alone). Drove to CVS to use their picture maker. Walk in the door, see a big sign on the kiosk that says, "Out of Order, try again Monday." AAAAHHHHH! Are you *&^%%&*^ kidding me?

Hopefully, I can find a working, available kiosk somewhere along the four hour drive tomorrow. I will just have to wrap gifts in the parking lot. I am so on top of the game.
4 Comments:
Blogger sarahbobeara said...
you know, our xmas photos turned out blurry at the kodak machine too! i think it was b/c i was trying to photoshop them and i really had no clue what i was doing in photoshop in the first place. and rob just printed them out w/o seeing how blurry they were...$60 later, we had to send these horribly blurry pics in our xmas cards. sigh. oh well.

hope your trip goes well. poor avery. my kids must not be so cute, no one ever touches them :b

Blogger Dana said...
ROFL Sarah! No one ever tries to touch my kiddos either. Thank GOODNESS!!!

I'm sorry Heather. I hope you were able to figure something out. Hope you're having a nice visit wiht your family.

Blogger Melissa said...
We still get the where did he get the red hair comments. I often want to say something like "I had an affair with man with red hair and my husband found out when the baby was born." LOL

Blogger Kendra said...
I get annoyed and Brooklyn doesn't even have red hair...but it's always, "look at all that hair" or with Brandon people are always commenting on his freakishly long eyelashes. I don't mind when people say that they're cute, but when they talk about my kids features like they're weird, I can't stand it. I like how Melissa wants to handle the redhead comments *LOL* Sorry you had such a crazy time running around.