jaymacave
Wednesday, December 07, 2005
I am just not doing it.
Christmas cards.

I was watching Today, GMA , or one of the other morning shows (I can't remember which), and an "expert" on holiday preparation was saying "Trim the fat!." Meaning, if there is something that you always do to get ready for the holidays that isn't completely necessary that totally stresses you out--just don't do it. Enjoy your holiday season, don't stress about it. The family will get through the season if you boycott the gingerbread house you usually make every year.

So, guess what? I love you all, and hope beyond hope that you all have a wonderful, joyous holiday. But, I am just not sending Christmas cards out this year. I have been stressing about this for days. I quite literally would have about 200 to send between family, friends, and can't forget the June mommies. I don't want to debate on who to leave out. Quite frankly, I don't have the time or energy to address 200 Christmas cards. Not to mention the $74 in postage that could be better utitlized on other things.

I really hope this doesn't make me a Scrooge.
2 Comments:
Blogger Dana said...
Not in my book! I personally, love sending my Christmas cards, however, if they are causing you stress then it's time to let them go. You can always do them another year. : )

Hugs,

Blogger Catherine said...
I am woman, hear me roar! Good for you! When something fun becomes an obligation, there is no point to continuing...in my humble opinion.