jaymacave
Thursday, November 03, 2005
My cocky attitude has caught up with me.
This past weekend, I got pulled over. We had just got off the interstate (speed limit 65) and were on the last leg of the trip to the in-laws. This particular stretch is out in the middle of nowhere. You go a few miles and hit a little town ( to actually call it a "town" is pushing it). Go a few more miles, hit another small town. And so on and so forth. So naturally, the speed limit will change from 55 to 30 to 25 rather quickly. If you aren't paying attention, it isn' t difficult to miss. I know, excuses, excuses. However, I still had a lead foot from being on the interstate and hadn't acclimated myself to the lower speed limit. I was going 50 in a 35. YIKES. As soon as I passed the officer, I knew I was busted. He pulled us over and C.K. was coming all unglued. "I told you before that you need to pay attention on this road, blah, blah, blah." I said, "Relax, he won't give me a ticket." Turns out, he was a very nice guy. ;) No ticket, no written warning, nada. I had to say, "I told you so." to my husband who was irritated that in the 8 years we have been together, I have been pulled over three times for speeding and not received one ticket. LOL

But, it caught up to me last night when I took the girls to Brownies. I always park on the same side of the street as the school because I usually have a carload of kids and don't want to take the chance of crossing the street with all of them when I only have two hands. When I pulled up to the school, there were at least 5 other cars parked there (as usual). I stopped the car directly in front of the same sign that I have parked in front of every other Wednesday evening for the past three years. "No parking this side of street." This time it cost me (and at least five others) $10. Oh well, such is life.
1 Comments:
Blogger Kendra said...
Yay for no speeding ticket...you're one lucky momma. I always hope that if I get pulled over it will be one of those moments when all three kids are crying and the officer will let it slide!