jaymacave
Wednesday, November 16, 2005
I am so drained.
What a day.

Today was the big test. The baby had a positive test result for cystic fibrosis when she was born. We had to be at the hospital at 8:15 this morning (an hour drive) to do a sweat test to be sure. All along, I was sure that the first test was more than likely just a fluke. However, I have been so, so worried and stressed about the results of today's test. I didn't sleep well last night because I was anxious. To top it off, the baby woke at 3:30 am and went back down about 5:30. I didn't even bother going back to bed. So, I am ready to hit the hay now.

We went and got the solution and stuff strapped to her legs (to make and collect her sweat to test chloride levels). That had to be on a half an hour. She was not a happy camper at all. So, that was unnerving for me as well. I am not one to let my babies cry. It breaks my heart to hear it. My husband says I spoil them, but I don't think it is possible to spoil a baby. The tech
told me that she would call and give our pediatrician the results this afternoon. I called three times and the pedi's office hadn't received them. UGH! I felt like throwing up all day. I had to take the girls to Brownies at 5:15 and was so upset that no one had called. When I got home a little after 6, the doctor had left a message on our machine. "Heather, this is Dr.______, just wanted to talk to you about baby's NORMAL test results. Just give me a call tomorrow. Not to worry, mama." Oh my. I just started bawling, I was so relieved. Like I said, I knew it all along. It just felt so good to hear him say it.
5 Comments:
Blogger Strong Enough said...
You must be so relieved. I am so happy the test came back normal. Now you can breathe. HUGS

Blogger Dana said...
:: Whew!!! :: I am SO happy to hear this. I am sure you are all so relieved. Now go give that sweet baby a big hug for me.

Hugs,

Blogger Kendra said...
Oh Heather, I'm SO relieved. I can't imagine how hard all of that was for you. I'm glad that everything is ok with your sweet baby girl!

Blogger Catherine said...
Thank goodness!

(Hope you don't mind I lurk on your blog.)

Blogger Heather said...
Now, why would I mind that one of my favorite persons lurks on my blog? ;)