jaymacave
Monday, November 07, 2005
The hunt is on.
Jaycie's 7th birthday is next month and I am completely anal about coming up with the perfect cake and then making it. :) We are not even sure where or when the party will be, but I am already obsessing about the cake. Right now I am really going back and forth on 3 cakes. Two are castle cakes and one is a cake decorated with cookies. They are all adorable.
This one (only more girly--pink and purple):



I would also ice the cones.I don't like them like that.

Or a variation of this one (I would use regular icing--I haven't mastered fondant yet, also I don't think it tastes as good.):


Here is the cookie one. It was on the cover of the 2004 Wilton yearbook. Of course it would be pink and purple with princess themed cookies on the top (tiaras, hearts, etc)And of course I would probably improvise where the fondant is supposed to be:


Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Quick! I only have a month to decide!
6 Comments:
Blogger Heather said...
Tiff, the first one is soooo easy. I will email you the link to the instructions. :)

Blogger Strong Enough said...
I LOVE the first one! That is so wonderful that you can make cakes for your kids. I just call the nearest bakery.

Blogger Melissa said...
Love the castle cake! It's just too cool!
Good luck w/ the jumping rope, too!

Blogger sarahbobeara said...
if you're looking to wow the parents, go for cake #2. if you're going to wow the kids, i think the first one.

the 2nd one is just GORGEOUS. i've heard fondant doesn't taste very good either though. hope you can come up with something tasty either way :)

Blogger Dana said...
I love the second one!!! : )

Blogger Kendra said...
WOW you are one cake making pro!! I can barely make a regular cake!