jaymacave
Tuesday, November 22, 2005
A bit bummed.
I finished my Thanksgiving grocery shopping yesterday. It hit me that I really miss eating holiday dinner with my family. Most of the time it doesn't bother me that we live hours from them, but this time of year it really does. Farming is a 24/7 job, so there are no holidays off. It is better now that C.K. is working for someone else, at least he gets one day off a week. I am taking the girls and going home on Friday. I would invite them here for dinner, but we just don't have the room for everyone. I hate that drive, especially by myself. He can't go with me because that would just be crazy to try and do it all in one day. I could go on Thursday and eat with my family, but then the five of us wouldn't be together on Thankgiving. So, either way it stinks. :( He did promise me that he would ask for 2-3 days off after Christmas so he could go with me then. At least that is something.