jaymacave
Monday, October 17, 2005
I really love it here.

I am surprised we have any leaves left after all the rain we have had the past week. But, we do and it is so beautiful here. I just love fall. When we moved here two and a half years ago, I thought it was the end of the world. We were in such a bad situation, though and really had no choice. I was so upset that we had to move four hours from my family and two hours from his. Fortunately, we still see our families at least once every couple of months, usually more. I always said once Jaycie started school, that was it. Wherever that happened to be, is where we would stay, circumstances allowing. So, luckily we are all happy here.

I wanted to be able to make a trip too Cooperstown before the leaves all fell. I doubt that will happen. This weekend, we are taking the girls to meet my parents in Elmira, NY (halfway point) to see Disney on Ice (They are so excited to see the princesses). Then, the next weekend is C.K.'s dad's 65th birthday party. So, I think it may have to wait until next year. Too bad because Cooperstown is the best place to visit in the fall. There is a huge lake that just looks so beautiful with the colorful leaves around it. And, it just is so festive. Nevermind all the baseball stuff, I couldn't care less about that (although hubby likes it). I love to visit the Farmer's Museum this time of year and also the Fly Creek Cider Mill.

Well, baby is back asleep so I am off. Maybe I can doze for 30 minutes or so before I have to wake Jaycie up for school. Every little bit helps, right?



2 Comments:
Blogger Strong Enough said...
What a tease! That picture is just amazing. Really makes me miss the four seasons.

That sounds like a great weekend coming up. Have fun at the Disny On Ice, take lots of pictures!

Blogger Melissa said...
You really do live in such a beautiful area! I miss going to see my sister in upstate NY. (though I'm glad she's back in PA)