jaymacave
Thursday, October 27, 2005
5 years.
Yesterday was our five year anniversary. It was quite uneventful. Kmart and Pizza Hut. What a treat, huh? It really is hard to believe it has been five years. Harder yet is three kids in 7 years. Sometimes, I still can't believe I am a "grown-up." ;)

I have to take my two older girls to get flu shots today. Should be fun. I really debated on whether or not to do it. I am funny about all these vaccinations. I feel like if we vaccinate against every little thing (i.e. chicken pox, flu), how are they ever going to build up their little immune systems? I obviously lost the chicken pox battle when Jaycie had to have it to go to school. I thought it might be wise to get them a flu shot because well, I don't want them to get the flu, and I really don't want the baby to get the flu. Who knows what the daycare kids could bring in here and Jaycie from school. So, we are going to do it.

We got three inches of snow on Wednesday night. School was delayed 2 hours yesterday, which I thought was strange. Three inches in nothing here, you can tell it is early. It was just as well because our power was out from 3:30 a.m. until a most 9:30 a.m. We have a generator in the barn but not the house (priorities, I guess. ;)) . I was thanking our lucky stars for the fireplace or it would have been FREEZING in here. I am so not ready for winter. UGH.
3 Comments:
Blogger Dana said...
Happy belated anniversary!!! Kmart and Pizza Hut sounds like my kind of anniversary. LOL

I can't imagine that much snow already. WOW!!

I don't usually do the flu shot bu tI think I would have in your case as well. I hope everyone stays well this winter. :: crossing fingers ::

Blogger Heather said...
Happy very belated anniversary! Pizza Hut sounds like my kind of anniversary dinner too. :D

We haven't gotten our flu shots yet, but we'll definitely be getting them. Anything that has the potential to keep some sort of sickness away from us this winter is welcome in my house. ;)

Blogger Kendra said...
Happy Anniversary...we celebrated 5 years this year too. I'm still debating about the flu shot. The older two aren't in school yet, but go to MOPS once a week. I would hate for everyone to get it.