jaymacave
Wednesday, September 07, 2005
This and that...
Kenna is sick. :( Turns out the little bug I had over the weekend has made its way to her. My poor baby. She has just not moved from the couch all morning. I hope it is short-lived.

I feel so loved. LOL Not really, but I am so tired of my phone ringing and people asking "Are you still pregnant?" "Haven't you had that baby yet?" "How are you feeling?" Okay, people. I love you very much for being concerned about me, but I promise I will let you know if I end up with a baby on the outside of my body anytime in the near future.

And, I am jumping on the bandwagon and am going to throw in my two cents about the mess on the gulf coast. And I can because, it is my blog, right? ;) I have read and heard people comment over the past week about how everyone needs to stop blaming our President for the disaster in the south. After all, "he didn't personally cause the hurricane." Well, no kidding. As much as I agree that now is not the time for the blame game, at some point someone is going to be held accountable. I am with the many people who feel that this whole relief/rescue effort has certainly not been up to par. The storm was predicted. We knew it was coming. Why was there not a better effort made to get these people the heck out of there? And, why was aid (food, rescuers, meds, etc.) not being prepared and ready to go the minute the rain subsided? I guess the powers that be thought thousands of people could tough it out for a couple of days? HELLO???? Do I think this all lies on the president's shoulders? Not necessarily. Although, those that know me well know that George Bush would pretty much have to walk on water to impress me. I am very cynical when it comes to the current administration. I do believe that the head of FEMA will have to answer some questions when things are under control. I saw two interviews with homeless families last night on television. These poor people are searching for anyone affiliated with FEMA. WTF? A week after this tragedy and people have to search for help. Good grief. The city of New Orleans had a drill for this type of disaster not that long ago and they failed it miserably. So, I am guessing they should have been working on better strategies as well. I just hope that this is a huge wake up call and that Americans learn from the mistakes that have been made in dealing with this mess. I fear that when the water is under control we will find that we haven't even seen the worst of it.

Off to tend to my little one.
3 Comments:
Blogger Dana said...
I'm sorry Kenna is sick. :( I hope she is feeling better soon.

I agree that things certainly could've been handled better with this storm. I think they should have done a better job helping those who couldn't do so themselves (for whatever reasons) to leave the city. It's such a sad situation. Who is to blame... that I really don't know. I suppose it doesn't even matter at this point. We all need to let this serve as a wake up call and come up with plans to make sure we are better prepared in the future.

Hope that baby comes soon. :: labor vibes ::

Blogger Kendra said...
I'm sorry your little one is sick, I just hate it when they feel miserable! I hope that it is a short bug and she's feeling better tomorrow!

It's funny how everyone else gets so anxious at the end of your pregnancy. I must admit that I check your blog so much throughout the week to see if you've written about any progress, etc. I guess it's just an exciting time!

I totally agree with you about this disaster. I really think that more time and effort could be put into the relief effort rather then spending so much time reporting on who is to blame! I just can't imagine how everyone has been affected by this and how long it will take to get things in order down there.

Blogger sarahbobeara said...
you know how i feel about this whole disaster effort. arg. i'm so tired of the POLITICS behind the whole thing. just help the people already!!!!

a few days after the hurricane, anderson cooper of CNN was interviewing a senator from LA and she was thanking everyone for their efforts, blah blah blah, basically giving shoutouts to her buddies. anderson tried to rip her a new one b/c he was asking her WHERE IS THE HELP??? and he just got blown off. :/

oh a little note to your uterus: HURRY UP!!! ;)