jaymacave
Tuesday, July 19, 2005
When did that happen?
It has suddenly hit me that I am now a grown up. I have a spouse, children, pets, a job, bills, a minivan, and as of last evening--life insurance and a retirement plan! Yikes! Time sure does fly. I am glad to have the latter stuff done, though. We had put that off WAAAAAYY to long. And, yes my independent girlfriends will be proud to know that my retirement plan is seperate from hubby's. LOL

I have noticed that there is an advantage to being 8 months pregnant in the climax of the summer heat and humidity. You get tons of attention. :wink Every woman I see when I am out and about makes comments like " Oh, bless your heart." or "You poor dear, how are you handling this heat?" Just this morning, I loaded up the van with kids and took my oldest to day camp. When I arrived, a counselor whom I had never met felt the need to hug me. LOL She had apparently been pregnant last summer when "it wasn't nearly as miserable." Cracks me up.

47. I hate wearing socks and/or sneakers in the summer months.
48. Going to the dentist gives me the heebie jeebies.
49. I actually like driving a minivan.
50. My favorite alcoholic drinks are rum and coke and anything sour apple.
51. My favorite color is blue.
52. I refuse to drink water unless it is above 8o degrees and the water is partially frozen.
53. I will eat chocolate anything.
54. I love escargot!
55. I have never been in a starbucks.
56. Have never even seen one irl. LOL
57. That is ok, because I can't stand coffee.
58. My biggest pet peeve (lately) is people who throw their cigarette butts anywhere. Particularly in my driveway. ARG
59. I like to garden.
60. I am actually a pretty decent artist when I get the ambition to try it.
61. I have a good singing voice.
62. Driving makes me tired.

How is that for progress? I hope none are repeats. LOL
3 Comments:
Blogger marybid said...
Mmmm...rum & coke!

Escargot? Really? That's one thing I actually haven't tried, and now I will have to. :)

Blogger Heather said...
It was scary at first, but so totally convenient. We adjusted very quickly.

Blogger Melissa said...
I get those "OMG I'm an adult" flashes, too.

And you never mentioned being an artist. Now I'm going to be bugging you about what you do and what you've created!