jaymacave
Saturday, July 30, 2005
Note to self.
Camping and pregnancy do not mix. Some friends of ours invited us to camp out last night. So, we all took the kids and "roughed it" for the night. (So much for getting in bed at 7 last night and not moving, huh?) The girls were so excited to go, so we loaded up the van with the tent, chairs, sleeping bags, etc and off we went. We set up the tents, built a fire, made burgers and hot dogs, smores, sat around and talked. It was actually nice. The really funny part was when Mackenna realized that going potty while camping isn't what she is used to. Oh, to have had a camera when she realized she just had to squat. It was hilarious! Of course, Jaycie thought it was the neatest thing ever, like she was getting away with something. LOL I was less than thrilled, however. Oh, and remind me to buy an air mattress for the next time. My back and hips are dying today from sleeping on the hard ground. The kids finally fell asleep at 11 and were up with the sun by 6. Ay yi yi. They had a ball, though and got dirtier than they have ever been in their lives. We came home about 9 and took some much needed baths. We all just woke up from a nap. Everyone else feels better, I feel more tired than I was when I laid down. Go figure.
2 Comments:
Blogger Dana said...
Holy moly! You are a braver woman than I! Glad the girls had so much fun. Oh and I am the same way with naps. I cannot nap unless I am sick because I always end up feeling like garbage when I wake up. ugh!

Hope you're feeling better today! : )

Blogger Kendra said...
I'm the same way with naps...if I take them I'm so groggy for the rest of the day! I'm glad you guys had fun camping...and you definitely win a prize for camping while you're this preggo ;)