jaymacave
Tuesday, July 05, 2005
Getting the hang of this blogging stuff..
Day three of the blog and although it was a trial thing, I really am enjoying it. I only jumped on the bandwagon because it seems to be the thing to do lately among my friends. :)

The kiddos just finished lunch and are now watching a movie before naptime. They need to get settled down before I make them lie down. So, I have a free few minutes of computer time.

Just got an email from my best friend's husband. Long story short, she moved to Florida to be with her family. Said she wasn't feeling happy or fullfilled with her life here anymore. Well, it has been two months and she is never coming back I am afraid. I miss her terribly. My heart aches for her husband who was blindsighted by the whole thing. Poor guy. I hope they are both able to move on and be happy and content on their own. Their one and only son is the same age as my oldest daughter. The husband is flying down next week to get him and bring him here for a few weeks. He wanted to know if I would watch him for two of the three weeks while he is at work. My kids are so excited to spend time with him. I think they have missed him as much as I have missed his mom.

It is crazy to me how much I depended on her. I took for granted the daily phone conversations, the get togethers, the time spent together taking our children on outings, etc. We are now down to a phone call a week (maybe) and several text messages a week. I feel like I am about to get a divorce as well. :( I really, really miss her. I hope sacrificing her marriage, home, family, friends, etc. was worth whatever it is she is gaining there.

Ok, movie is over and kids are arguing. I am out.