jaymacave
Thursday, July 28, 2005
Funny story.
Not funny as in ha-ha, but funny as in weird. :)

I have been getting Jaycie some school clothes on ebay little by little. Well, I scored big time. I found an ebay store that sells Tommy Hilfiger clothes nwt for super cheap. I "won" (I always think that is a funny term for something you have to pay for) a lot of two nwt long sleeved t-shirts. Get this--$8.95 + shipping (I think was three something). The price tag on each shirt says $39.95. Well, the other day, the mail lady comes to my house with this funny looking package. It was a brown paper package with a string tied around it like a gift. In the middle of the string was like a melted lead seal with a funny design on it. I am wishing now I would have taken a picture. There was the word "gift" stamped on it in various places with green ink. I had to sign for it which was strange, I had NO idea what it was or who it was from because --here is the kicker--it was postmarked from Egypt! The return address was in egyptian and the stamps clearly said "Egypt " on them. So, I walk into the house contemplating whether or not I should open it because I know no one who lives in Egypt or has ever been. Country bumpkin me was thinking it was laced with anthrax or it would blow up if I ripped the paper. LOL Well, I finally decided to stop being so paranoid and open it. It was the shirts. Hmmm. Now, keep in mind that I paid a normal shipping price and the ebay listing said notta about coming from another country. It then occurred to me to check out the tags on the shirts. Wouldn't you know that they were made in Egypt. So, now I have all these scenarios in my head like they came right from the factory, and some begrudged employee is making some side change. LOL What do you think?

Oh, and does anyone know what else can cause lightheadedness and headaches during pregnancy? I have been dealing with both since last evening. Blood sugar has to be fine, I am eating ok. I am anemic, but have been taking my iron supplements, and I just had an appt. yesterday afternoon and the bp was normal. Any ideas? If it keeps up, I may have to call my ob in the morning--it is making me a bit nervous.
2 Comments:
Blogger Dana said...
I'm not sure Heather. I got wicked headaches when I was pregnant with Elizabeth. : ( I hope the dr. can shed some light on it for you.

That's pretty interesting about the package. I think I would have been hesitant to open it as well. But then, you know how paranoid I am. ; )

Blogger Kendra said...
How strange, I would have been nervous about opening the package too. I always get headaches when I haven't been drinking enough water. I guess it's my bodies way of telling me to hydrate more. I'm a big Diet Coke drinker too so if I haven't had one all day sometimes I'll get a headache too...but I think you drink decaf right?